On May 4 at the Conrad Hotel in Yeouido, Seoul, we interviewed BIGBANG to ask questions about their new project album “MADE”.
When asked about how other singers have reacted to releasing songs on the first day of each month, BIGBANG gave an unexpected answer. G-DRAGON said, “We’re not close with other singers. We too busy to care about what others think.”
G-DRAGON added, “The songs have just been released. I hope that our fans will love the album as we much as hope.” He also said, “We don’t really get hung up on results. If our album becomes a huge hit then that would certainly feel good. But even if our album doesn’t do so well, we like the album so we don’t have any regrets.”
He went on to say, “About us releasing a song every month, other singers and labels can use this as an opportunity to create high-quality contents. Then, people will have more good songs to listen to and become more interested in K-pop. This is my ultimate goal.
About the secret of maintaining the team spirit, G-DRAGON said, “We’re not BIGBANG if one of us leaves or gets switched. In any case, five of us became one team. We’ve become good friends and that what kept us together.”
He added, “I don’t think we should keep BIGBANG going by doing drastic things like changing members or kicking someone out. We create a great synergy effect when five of us are together. We are not close with any other artists but only with our members. We’re good friends and that’s what kept us going.”
T.O.P commented, “We’ve never had a fight so far. We’re all very different and interested in different areas, so there’s no seed of conflict.”
BIGBANG released the first album of their new project album “MADE” on May 1. They will reveal a new song on the first day of each month until August. As project “M”, “LOSER” and “BAE BAE” have been released and are gaining favorable responses.
2015. 5. 4.
Source: YG Life
Please also visit the following articles which are summaries and translation of the COMEBACK Interviews that BIGBANG gave to Korean press on the 4th May 2015:
- Number of Clicks on BIGBANG?s Music Video Surpassing 10 Million
- BIGBANG Says ?We?re not close with other singers. We only have each other.?
- BIGBANG?s ?LOSER? MV Surpasses 10 Million Views in 88 Hours After Release
- BIGBANG Reveals How Long They Will Perform As a Group
- BIGBANG Says ?We are done making our project album ?MADE? but might change the tracks.?
- BIGBANG ?TV Shows? Might Do Shows That Are Totally Unexpected?
- BIGBANG?s ?Loser? Reaches 10 Million Views in Less Than Four Days
- BIGBANG Members Discuss Dating in Comeback Interview
- [ENG trans] #BIGBANG translations of press Comeback Interviews 2015-05-04